The Integration of AR and VR into Multi-User Virtual Classrooms
E-Learning has rapidly expanded over the last several decades as a more cost-effective method for workforce training and education. Slide decks, videos, and web conferencing have become ubiquitous tools, replacing on-site instruction with self-paced education and virtual classrooms. Yet not all training material was readily virtualized and the wide-spread adoption of E-Learning exposed the flaws in this approach, especially in terms of trainee/student engagement and proficiency.
Immersive technologies, such as augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), are helping to address these challenges. By enabling realistic interaction with 3D virtual objects and real-time multi-user collaboration, VR and AR are not only transforming e-learning into a more engaging and effective training tool but are allowing more sophisticated and technical training concepts to be effectively virtualized.
With AR and VR technologies, virtual classrooms can now easily facilitate instructor-led training or multi-user virtual classrooms. Instructors, teachers, trainees, and students can use a PC, tablet, or a VR or AR device to collaborate and learn remotely with even the most complex technical content.
Transforming Multi-User Virtual Classrooms: The Advantages of AR and VR
Virtual classrooms offer an easy, fast, and cost-effective way for students/trainees to interact and engage with their teachers/instructors remotely, but the material itself was still limited to traditional 2D media such as slide decks. AR and VR technologies are transforming virtual classrooms by addressing the shortcomings of 2D media and enabling more realistic, 1:1 scale interactions and collaboration, providing key benefits to all involved.
Real-World Applications of AR and VR for Multi-User Virtual Classrooms
- Maintenance and Repair: Use VR and AR multi-user classrooms to virtually train new technicians on proper repair and maintenance procedures with step-by-step instructions.
- Manufacturing and Assembly: Train personnel in equipment handling, machine operations, product assembly and inspections.
- Product Knowledge: onboard employees with interactive and engaging virtual product demonstrations and information, all in an immersive and collaborative environment.
- Building and Equipment Security: leverage AR and VR technology to teach new employees on proper sign-in procedures, fire evacuation and protocols, equipment handling, proper PPE, etc.
Engineering and Science
- Engineering: teach students about complex engineered products with realistic virtual models. Simulate, interact, and collaborate to improve knowledge retention and understanding.
- Science: whether studying the solar system or biological molecules, deploy 3D models in multi-user virtual classrooms to encourage engagement and improve understanding.
Virtual Site Visits and Tours
- Facility Walkthrough: virtually guide employees through offices, factories, or other facilities in an interactive and engaging process to ensure productivity from day one.
- Field Trip: take a virtual and interactive field trip to remote locations, transforming your virtual classroom into a virtual field trip.
Health, Safety, and Environment Training
- Hazard Identification and Remediation: Create virtual walkthroughs of factories, warehouses, labs, offices, etc. to teach about recognizing and remediating hazards.
- Electrical Safety: Provide training on electrical safety, including identifying electrical hazards and responding to electrical emergencies.
The ROI of AR and VR for Multi-User Virtual Classrooms
Deploying AR and VR-enabled multi-user virtual classrooms is more effective than traditional e-learning and reduces costs when compared to on-site instruction. Organizations that adopt AR and VR technology report significant improvements in training outcomes, training costs, and employee retention. The investment pays off by creating a more engaged and productive workforce at lower cost, reducing the rate of employee turnover and consequently lowering related expenses such as hiring and training costs.
What Sets iQ3Connect Apart?
iQ3Connect’s platform is designed to empower anyone to cost-effectively build & deploy multi-user virtual classrooms with AR and VR capability, without programming knowledge or modeling expertise.
No software or application downloads required, ensuring seamless and easy end-user access and performance monitoring. All you need is a web browser.
In addition to single-user, on-demand AR and VR onboarding experiences, iQ3Connect’s platform supports multi-user, instructor-led training. Transcend geographical barriers and enable real-time remote interactive learning.
Launch multi-user, AR and VR-enabled, virtual classrooms as quickly and easily as a web conference. Our platform also includes no-code authoring tools, empowering your team to create compelling immersive experiences for the virtual classrooms without coding expertise, facilitating a more efficient creation process and enabling rapid customization of training modules.
Access Anywhere, Anytime
Our web-based platform (either on-premise or in the cloud) ensures that the onboarding experiences are accessible from anywhere, at any time, without sacrificing user or data security. Collaborate with your global team.
Instructionally Realistic Virtual Classrooms for Engaged and Collaborative Learning
The key to effective training and education is engagement and retention, and this is where AR and VR truly excel. By providing realistic, immersive, and interactive experiences, these technologies ensure that the learning process is not only engaging but also deeply impactful. Trainees and students are more likely to remember and apply the lessons learned in an AR/VR setting due to the collaborative nature of the training. Testimonials from various industries, including manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and energy, underscore the effectiveness of AR and VR in enhancing learning outcomes and ensuring a more productive workforce.
C M Venkat
Vice President, Aker Solutions
XR Project Manager, Boston Children’s Hospital
3D Geospatial Consultant, Waves Group
Dennis (Chip) Herrick
Sr. Information Technologies Specialist, Bosch
President, AVL Power Systems
Indian Aerospace Company
Device & Software Compatability
Use Any Device
iQ3Connect prioritizes the accessibility of immersive experiences, ensuring that even those without an AR or VR device still have access to the critical onboarding content. Every experience created with our platform can be used with any AR, VR, PC, tablet, or mobile device, ensuring a hassle-free experience for anyone.
Seamless Content Import
Our platform supports direct import of 3D CAD and point cloud files, eliminating the need for modeling expertise or model simplifications. We not only automate the process but also ensure that the integrity and precision of the original data is maintained without performance deterioration. In addition, 360 videos and images, documents, images, videos, and audio files can all be imported to create training experiences.
Seamlessly integrate AR and VR experiences into your everyday processes. Our platform can connect to single sign-on, learning management systems, access control lists, product lifecycle management tools, and more, ensuring data security and interoperability. Moreover, our open web-based platform makes it easy and cost-effective to integrate into any other business tool or processes.
Accelerate training outcomes with the power of AR and VR-enabled multi-user virtual classrooms.
Augmented Reality – AGV Endplate Assembly Training…
iQ3Connect Product Release v2024.1
iQ3Connect Product Release v2023.6
iQ3Connect Receives Seed Investment from NOVA Prime Fund
Technical Product Training – Centrifugal Pump
Reducing Risk and Uncertainty through 3D Data Capture an…
Transforming Industrial Training with Virtual Reality an…
Demonstration of Training Capabilities for Virtual Assem…