Making employee training scalable, elastic, and available is the need of the hour for today’s enterprise. With inflation on the rise, interest rates going north, geopolitical uncertainty, and pandemic aftereffects manufacturing organizations are facing an uncertain business environment. Improving employee productivity, bridging skills gaps, building a talent pool, and working with global talent are key areas of improvement to address such challenges. Enterprises are looking for applications that deliver effective training outcomes and are also accessible remotely to global stakeholders. To deliver effective training and collaboration, SaaS-based enterprise XR training applications have come to the fore and are gaining traction in all sectors.
Enterprises of all sizes are now adopting SaaS as the best alternative to the traditional enterprise software models. According to the Computer Economics report, around 60% of all companies have now integrated at least some percentage of SaaS solutions into their business, with nearly 36% aiming to increase their investment in the months to come (Reference link). Nearly one-third of the overall enterprise-software market will be SaaS-based, says a report from Mckinsey on SaaS Services
It is not only numbers that speak the scale of SaaS adoption, this paradigm shift is enabled by numerous advantages that SaaS-based enterprise training and collaboration applications offer.
Why Use SaaS Applications in Enterprise Training?
- SaaS is available in multi-tenancy, single private cloud, or hybrid models. These choices give enterprise flexibility to experiments that are not easy cases for legacy enterprise application models. Enterprises can start with shared training services for a smaller group or division before moving on to a virtual private cloud for enterprise-wide adoption. This flexibility can empower enterprises to test business use cases with fewer risks and move on to complex training use cases to reap larger rewards.
- No Physical infrastructure: SaaS resides in the cloud giving an advantage of using applications on web browser. Training apps can be used from remote and have no need for server rooms, hardware, cooling equipment, etc. Scaling of training applications does not need weeks of planning, months of upgrades of physical infrastructure, and expensive finance.
- Pay-as-you-go: SaaS gives an advantage of scaling as pay-as-you-go along based on enterprise business requirements and budget availability. Any enterprise can start with a minimum budget and, as adoption grows, they can turn the throttle up to increase the number of users and data storage. The biggest cost saving comes from the elasticity of the user demands, scale up and down based on usage, which gives flexibility to enterprises to deploy the saved cash to be deployed for business purposes and be competitive in a dynamic business environment.
- Amplified security with levels of data protection and user control: SaaS data is stored in the cloud with access control to authorized personnel. It is quite helpful as cloud architecture enables the scaling of data storage easily. There is no movement of data in physical drives. The archiving and retrieval of data are seamless and available any the time. The system of time stamping and user linkage to modification of data, versioning, etc, helps to fix accountability in case of mishaps.
Benefits of SaaS enterprise application model
- Low Initial Investment: There are very low upfront fees with no additional burden of hefty IT infrastructure. The pay-as-you-go makes it easier to enter into a business relationship and invest in a SaaS plan when you expect quick business growth or try out an idea.
- Lower cost of ownership: The primary reason for low cost is that the enterprise will not incur any investment cost in buying new IT hardware or training and hiring resources to maintain the expensive hardware locally. Thus, in the long run, the SaaS application proves to be much cheaper. The application license is applied to only users and there is minimum wastage of budget on unutilized assets or licenses.
- Comprehensive Coverage: With SaaS, enterprises can efficiently perform business activities across multiple devices, from remote or premise, and at any given point in time. Moreover, SaaS has high uptime, and the only requirement is an internet connection and a web browser.
- Less Headache for IT: The in-house IT team will save hours and budget expenses because of the on-the-cloud SaaS operating model. In addition, this takes regular maintenance fees, routine backup issues, updating schedules, etc., out of the picture. The SaaS application development services provider takes on the challenge of maintaining the hardware, avoiding the risk of downtime or system failures, training and recruiting the staff, etc. This leaves the enterprise IT team with enough time to focus on planning and budgeting the infrastructure of the core of their business. All one has to do is procure a good internet connection and install a standard web browser.
- OTA Updates: In the SaaS model there is no need to install updates on an individual machine, the applications are always available to the latest version with the latest features.
- Easy Integration: API-based integration of SaaS with legacy systems can bring data portability and workflow integration to the enterprise applications.
iQ3Connect XR SaaS training platform is today used by well-known brands. If you be interested to explore more about it, feel free to reach us.