Major Productivity Enhancements
Meeting Management and Scheduling for Enterprise-wide Deployment: Proper meeting management is essential for enterprise-wide accessibility and for the deployment of training scenarios and scripted content such as virtual tours. In line with this requirement, the following enhancements have been incorporated into iQ3Connect 2021.2:
- The iQ3 Meeting Templates are now managed independently from the traditional iQ3 Workspace and no longer display on the Calendar view.
- iQ3 Workspaces spawned from Meeting Templates will automatically time out after 60 seconds if no users are in the workspace.
- Both public and private meetings are now displayed on the Dashboard and Calendar view. Private meetings are displayed only with the Meeting name and start and end time.
Improved Model Interaction and Part Movement: For many of our user’s applications, including assembly training, build sequence validation, and maintenance procedure development, precise movements of parts and assemblies is a necessity. To provide precision control over component movements, the following enhancements have been made:
- Users can utilize either the Global Coordinate System or Internal Coordinate System when moving components and can switch back and forth as needed.
- The Global Coordinate System is fixed to the environment.
- The Internal Coordinate System is fixed to the part, meaning a rotation of the part by 45 degrees will also rotate the Internal Coordinate System by 45 degrees.
- This allows the user to move components more precisely along axes/planes that may not align with the Global System.
Dashboard Messaging and Analytics (beta):
- Administrators of the iQ3 Dashboard can now broadcast messages to improve the communication of updates, help resources, scheduled updates, etc.
- A basic Analytics framework is also being constructed and will be rolled out in phases. In this release, current user status (active, logged in, etc.) and last login time can be tracked via the Dashboard. Utilization of the Meeting Templates can also be tracked.
Additional Usability Enhancements
- A database backup option has been added to the iQ3 Installer
- VR Keyboard improvements
- Display dashboard message to user once VR Model Creation succeeds/fails
- Combine Assets/Resources into a unified and consistent menu on the Dashboard
- All Assets/Resources can now be set to public/private
- Annotation display improvements
All issues below are now resolved:
- Unzipping of large files not completing
- Avatar hand textures not properly loading
- Reset All Move/Rotate changes visibility
- Selection not working for .x3d files
- Menu opening to Annotation submenu
- Group creation not working with STEP files
- Distance from Controller freezes the VR functionality
- Delays in Whiteboard drawings being shown to other participants
- Multimedia tooltips and controls not being shown properly
- Triangle count and file size not shown in Dashboard for uploaded caches